Do you need to apply for Citizenship? (Naturalization)

Connecticut Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyer

A qualified immigration attorney can help you navigate the naturalization process. It is complex and potentially lengthy, but our lawyers have over a decade of experience and understand the processes. We can work to improve your chances of a successful outcome. At Stillman Legal, P.C. our firm has handled numerous immigration cases and we have vigorously advocated on behalf of undocumented immigrants in Connecticut.

Ways To Obtain U.S. Citizenship

There are several ways to obtain American citizenship. One of course is to be born in the United States or a Unites States territory or to be born to at least one American citizen parent. Someone who is a non-citizen can also apply through a process called naturalization.  A parent who becomes naturalized can grant American citizenship to any of their children.

What are the Requirements?

  • Demonstrate written and verbal command of English
  • Be a resident of the United States with a green card for 5 years
  • Being at least 18 years of age when filing for Form N-400, known as the Application for Naturalization.
  • Show that you have good moral character.
  • Be able to provide evidence of maintaining a physical presence in the United States for 30 months.
  • Show knowledge of American history and the U.S. government.