US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Our office is online focused.--Schedule a remote interview

Practice Areas

What time of immigration cases do we handle?

We will listen to your immigration issue attentively!  We will listen to your story, we will review any paperwork you have and we will honestly tell you if we are able to help with your legal matter.

There are many reasons why individuals and families want to immigrate to the United States and there are even more ways to go about any immigration process.

We have spent many hours helping people from all walks of life reach their immigration goals.

We handle cases involving the following:


Applying for a green card

After months—or years—of consideration, you may be interested in finally establishing your permanent residency in the United States. Because establishing permanent residency will be among one of the most important decisions that you make in your life, it will be crucial to seek effective legal representation from an experienced immigration attorney in Connecticut.

At Stillman Legal, P.C. we have handled numerous cases involving applications for citizenship and naturalization in the United States.


Applying for citizenship

A qualified immigration attorney can help you navigate the naturalization process. It is complex and potentially lengthy, but our lawyers have over a decade of experience and understand the processes. We can work to improve your chances of a successful outcome. At Stillman Legal, P.C. our firm has handled numerous immigration cases and we have vigorously advocated on behalf of undocumented immigrants in Connecticut.



Whether you have entered the United States by legal or illegal means, you could still be afforded protection if you qualify for asylum. Asylum protects individuals who have come to the United States due to a legitimate fear of persecution in their home country. If you can demonstrate that your fear is credible, you may be able to come under this type of legal protection.

We represent clients during immigration matters, including seeking asylum. Find out how we can help you today during a consultation, either in person in Connecticut or over the phone.


Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a program that was implemented to protect children who came to the United States as undocumented immigrants from deportation. The program expires every two years and can be renewed.
Currently, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is not accepting new applications for DACA. However, USCIS is accepting renewals from those who previously were granted deferred action under DACA.


Family visas

Family-based immigration visas allow immigrants to become permanent residents of the United States through a family member who is already lawfully residing in the country. The process begins when a family member files an immigration petition on your behalf; from then on, this person will be referred to as your “sponsor.” In order to ensure that your sponsor meets the age and relationship requirements for fulfilling this role, contact a Connecticut family visas attorney at Stillman Legal, P.C.
We are fully invested in ensuring your family receives the utmost service and support during the immigration process. Our family visa lawyers place your family’s needs first.



If you or your family member entered the United States without a visa, you may be subject to a 3 or 10 year bar and therefore inadmissible to the United States. This is the case even if you are married to a US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. In order to overcome this inadmissibility and apply for lawful permanent status or a “green card” you must file a provisional extreme hardship waiver.


LGBTQ+ Marriage & Fiancé(e) Immigration

Since 2014, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans immigrants enjoy the same rights as opposite-gender couples! LGBT couples are able to petition for their spouse to become legal as well as their children.

LGBTQ individuals are protected from discrimination in the process of applying for their green cards. If you need assistance with the immigration process, whether you are just seeking answers, have questions regarding the process, or are facing issues with a petition or application already in progress, it is a good idea to consult a lawyer.